Use of the Bodystat 1500MDD
The Bodystat MDD works the same way as the Bodystat 1500, using 4 electrodes, the subject is lying down, and the measurement results are available within seconds.
The MDD comes with body composition and hydration software for a full analysis of the subjects cellular health, nutrition status and overall fitness and health.
Practitioners or clinicians are therefore able to give accurate assessment of a patient’s health and whether nutritional therapy or a wellness program is working in the correct way.
The MDD gives additional insight into what is happening inside the body, in order for the practitioner to make the correct judgement on therapy, drugs and advice.
It works by passing a safe battery generated signal through the body and measuring the impedance at two frequencies of 5 kHz and 50 kHz. Once the test has been performed the Display Options are shown within five seconds. A complete body composition analysis is displayed comprising Body Fat, Lean Body Mass, Dry Lean Mass, Total Body Water and Optimal Ranges. Metabolic Rates, Waist/Hip Ratio, BMI, BFMI, FFMI, Intra- and Extra-Cellular Water, Phase Angle and a Wellness MarkerTM (Impedance Ratio) are also displayed on the LCD screen.
Optional Thermal Printer available, connected by Bluetooth for instant print-out of results.
The Bodystat 1500MDD is the advanced version of the Bodystat 1500 with added functions such as cellular health and nutritional status monitoring. It is the machine of choice for Dietitians and Nutritionists.
- Body Fat % and Fat Weight
- Lean Mass % and Lean Mass
- Body Water % and Body Water in litres
- Plus Normal Levels of above
- Extra-Cellular Water % and Volume
- Intra-Cellular Water % and Volume
- Dry Lean Mass
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- BMR/Body Weight*
- Average Daily Calorie Requirement*
- Body Mass Index – Plus Normal Range
- Body Fat Mass Index (BFMI)*
- Fat-Free Mass Index (FFMI)*
- Wellness MarkerTM (Impedance Ratio)
- Impedance Values at 5 kHz & 50 kHz
- Resistance 50 kHz
- Reactance 50 kHz
- Phase Angle measured at 50 kHz
(Bodystat Ltd is unique in that Phase Angle is a direct measurement, and not a calculation)
Bodystat 1500MDD uses the long Bodystat 0525 electrodes (four per measurement)